driving to Niagara falls and Erie PA

I left Pat's place before breakfast because, I needed to get to Erie Pennsylvania that day by way of Niagara falls.
I drove North along US 219 dreading the traffic that I saw on the way down to Bradford on Friday but I found that the traffic wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. The cause of the traffic problems is they are constructing more Lanes on the highway. So the traffic has been reduced to one lane in both directions. Since it was early in the morning I only had to wait one cycle on a stoplight at interstate 86.
On the other side of the of interstatr, there was an Indian reservation gas station where the gas was a dollar cheaper than anywhere else. I filled up there and I got a sandwich and some coffee.
It was raining most the day as I drove North to Niagara falls. When I got to Tonawanda New York I stopped to use the restroom and I took a picture of the lake that drains into Niagara falls.
From Tonawanda I drove into Niagara falls State Park and surveyed the park. I found it all the parking inside the park required a fee. There was no fee to enter the park, but if you wanted to park you had to pay. 
I drove outside the park, inland a little bit and found a little neighborhood not far from the park entrance where I parked the car.
A free place to park near Niagara Falls State Park
After I parked I proceeded to walk to the falls probably a good couple miles on the way I stopped to take a picture of the rapids and someone took my picture in front of the rapids.
I walk the rest away to the Falls. I took some pictures of the falls and Toronto then I walked across the friendship bridge to a little island between the Canadian and the American falls and went and took a picture of the Canadian falls then I walked back across the friendship bridge back through the park back to the car.
I drove without incident to Erie Pennsylvania. I found a charging station in the midst of a shopping center.  I saw that there was a hotel nearby so I went to the hotel and I booked a room and then I walked back and stopped at a Vietnamese restaurant on the way. I had a really nice meal served by a cute little Vietnamese lady  who was very vivacious. I went back to the car waited for it to be fully charged and then drove to the hotel and went to sleep.



Popular posts from this blog

Surveying the lakes of Central Texas

Bagatelle bearing straight

Thursday in El Paso