Texas ramps visited in January

I visited the ramp in Clear Lake on January 20.
This ramp since it's on the Gulf or actually Galveston Bay doesn't have the same problems that lakes up near Austin have.  There's generally always water, the amount of water changes with the tide. I tried to launch Bagatelle on the mid rising tide at 4:00 on Friday and I think the trailer fell off the end of the ramp when the boat was floating. So if your boat has a draft of 18 in more or less then you probably should wait for high tide to launch here. while I was there a fellow with 30 ft fishing boat, one usable at sea, came over launched his boat no problem.
there's a fishing pier and a period of tie off on to the landlord side of the ramp and didn't try it but I think it would work in nearly every tide.
I plan to come back when the weather is warmer and preferably when the wind is lighter to launch again.

Popular posts from this blog

Surveying the lakes of Central Texas

Bagatelle bearing straight

Thursday in El Paso