Windshield Wiper Replacement on Bagatelle my Nimble Artic 26

The old windshield wiper on Bagatelle was somewhat frayed.
I received the sea dog windshield wiper this week. The kit came with a handle, a rod to go through the bulkhead, and a windshield wiper. The whole assembly looked like it was just like the one that came with the boat originally. The difference being that the wiper is attached in a different manner so I couldn't just take the new wiper and stick it on the old assembly. I figured I would remove the old one, then replace it with the new wiper. When I started to remove the old wiper I encountered the first obstacle. The screw that holds the assmebly to gether has a very thin slot. Every flat blade screw drive I had was too thick. Also while I tried to turn the screw I found that it wouldn't budge.
After a few tries I decided to address the other side of the window. The wiper is mounted to the rotater rod with bolt though a split block of metal which clamps the wiper through the rod. I removed the old clamp, installed the new one and bloted the new arm on.
Now I have a new windshield wiper. Installation was not easy, but not really too hard. Happy sailing.

Popular posts from this blog

Surveying the lakes of Central Texas

Bagatelle bearing straight

Thursday in El Paso